Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Work ... and Mark's Visit to Dr. Martin

Back to work this morning ... at my desk by 7 AM. Good thing to .. I managed to get all the stuff I brought home done by 10 AM ... when my boss returned unexpectedly early. Luckily I completed my to do list (plus I got to tell her about the funny investigation report that covered some cat fights ... tee hee). It was a tiring day after so much lounging. Left a bit after 5 (10 hrs -- but did take a 1/2 hour lunch). Took Sydney for a long walk (well ... just the medium walk .. not the pit walk). Looked pretty ragged at the end of the day.

Mark went to see Dr. Martin the surgeon. Wish I had been there so I could have heard stuff first hand. She thought the low blood pressure was the result of the infection and told him to take half the blood pressure medicine he is on and continue to monitor (his blood pressure has been higher than Christmas Eve .. but still low for such a tall person). At least he did admit blacking out (versus insisting I pushed him, which a High School Physics student would know is impossible). On the swollen lymph nodes .. she thought the neck one ... which is now normal was due to the infection. She said the under arm one (which is nearly gone) was not a lymph node but rather a swollen sweat gland. Apparently she said nothing to be concerned about ... she told him if it was on the other side (the side where he had breast cancer) she might be concerned. She did give him a very thorough exam and found nothing. Oh and when he came home and read about all his symptoms on the Internet (guess he had to confirm everything) he found out neuropathy (a common cancer treatment side effect) can be "dangerous". Bummer -- lost the website. I was too worried about under arm lump, which he kept till last. Anyhow I would be happy if he had seen his family Dr. but Dr. Martin said if the underarm lump came back she would need to remove it (and I presume examine it) so I guess I just need to chill. Ironically my blood pressure is now higher (although still not very high something less than 110 over 70). Or at least it settled at that after I ran home from church. Mark and Sydney walked me over and then I walked home. It was dark so I felt "safer" running :-). Now Mark will think he is perfectly rational. Which he clearly is not as this picture showing him wearing two different color socks proves!

No comments: