Monday, December 1, 2008

Anthony went back to Pittsburgh :-(


Took Anthony to BWI yesterday. Traffic was not bad. I continue to surprise myself by being sad when I drop him off -- I am beginning to realize this will go on for the rest of my life. On Sunday Mark made us breakfast .... Anthony seemed to really like it. I miss having everyone together for Sunday breakfast ... but Mark and I still do it most Sundays.


I cannot believe how tall Anthony is getting -- every time he comes down he seems taller. Wearing his gym shoes he is now as tall as Mark! I wish he would get measured so I can satisfy my curiosity. Expect he is 6'2" or so.

Mark left for Argentina today ... house seems so empty after having Cam and Anthony (and Roma and Presley :-)). But in a couple of weeks Anthony will be back (actually in about 11 days) and Bobby Webb will visit. Bobby is crazy ... in fact just about everyone I'm friends with is crazy .... maybe we are all crazy in some way.


I wish I could have gone to Argentina but have used up all my vacation for the year. Have 30 days stored ... but I like to keep that for "emergencies". At least he is not going to one of my fave cities -- Buenos Aires. Went there on our second "big vacation" -- in 1986. Back then the plan was a "big vacation" every two years (1983 wedding, 1984 Europe, 1986 Brazil and Argentina). Then it was once a year. then came living in London and it became an almost every month occurrence -- going somewhere new. I like Buenos Aires because it is associated with Evita (here I am with Anthony at her tomb in 2006). I like the song -- every disadvantage you need if you need to succeed .... no father, no money (no something else -- I cannot recall). Can sure relate to it -- certainly no money growing up and as my father was not around certainly qualify as "no father". Mark would argue the "no father" but that's something he does not know anything about.

I translated Mark's presentation into Spanish for him. Took FOREVER -- mostly because I have to be such a perfectionist. I am still thinking of improvements -- but he is refusing to accept changes! I must have spent over 16 hours. Tried to charge him a pair of Manolos :-). I REALLY want those patent leather Mary Janes ...... despite rumors to the contrary I am just not frivolous enough to buy for myself. Tee hee ... I keep thinking if the IPCC had divided the prize money amongst the lead actors I could have had those shoes. Got a big certificate instead. Very colorful. My boss made me frame it. 1/10,000 of a Nobel Peace Prize ... too funny.
Better finish messing around, walk Sydney and make lunch ....

No comments: