Thursday, May 7, 2009

26th Anniversary


Today was our 26th anniversary. Went to the Carlyle Grand Cafe --- with Vince and Dan -- Vicki's husband. Not terribly romantic -- but Vince was in town from London and this was the only day he was available. Vicki was supposed to join us but she forgot and agreed to a speaking engagement out of town. Glad Dan did join us. Which kinda made him Vince's date ... but I didn't say anything ... at Vicki's advice.

Vince is probably our hippest friend. Well second -- next to Stephen -- his former partner (they broke up --- but seem to still be great friends -- they are now my Facebook buddies -- Stephen writes all the time -- Vince not so much). I wore my Manolos and bubble skirt I got in Barcelona in 2007 -- tres chic. Of course walking was not the easiest -- Mark had to drop me off by the door -- and they had us sit upstairs -- which was a challenge. How did Carrie Bradshaw manage to run in her Manolos through Manhattan? I had a glass of champagne and it did not help. But they are sooo cool -- and Vince approved. He also got it into my head that I need some Jimmy Choos ......

It was a great evening -- made all the better by the clean checkup at Hopkins ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice choos chica!