Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The AIAA Honors and Awards Dinner


I am sooooo tired. Another very late night. We were invited to the AIAA Honors and Awards dinner. Funny -- last year had an awesome time (were at a table with a bunch of folks we knew really well). So I was really looking forward to it. But we were at a REALLY dull table. It was in the front row -- but I didn't really know anyone. Except an FAA guy -- who I don't know that well and frankly is a bit too full of himself. The people were nice -- but conversation was stiff ..... And the awards went on and on and on -- people were acting like the Academy Awards -- talking and talking and thanking everyone -- except it is not the Academy Awards -- it is boooooring. I think the format was more fun years ago -- unless maybe that was before I stopped drinking .... lol

I wore my Manolos. They feel very comfy -- but the balance is tricky. I love those shoes -- I am soooo happy Mark got them for me. My next goal is some red Jimmy Choos. Which I have to convince Mark to buy because buying them for me is too frivolous. Vince should be buying them as it is his fault I want them. But that's never gonna happen. Trying to get my Facebook friends to convince Mark. Merrie gave it a try .....

Oh well the evening is over -- got two boxes of Godivas as party favors (I stole Mark's) .... and I am one day closer to picking up Anthony!

No comments: