Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back Home ... for a week


Got home from Kuwait on Friday, April 25th. Trip home was not too bad ... through London, a 3+ hour layover. Enough for Starbucks and finding your way. And the last leg's flight was not crowded at all -- was able to lay down and sleep.
As usual the best part is seeing Sydney. Lynn had kept him -- she put him at our house before she went to bed, so he was here when we got home. He jumped and jumped. It is good to get home on Friday -- and have two weekend days ahead. I mostly slept ... and honestly have spent all week taking naps. I am just so tired.
Nest week (Wed, May 6) is my checkup at Hopkins. I am really nervous -- more so than ever -- I am now about the age when Mom must have first had it (she ignored symptoms until she was almost 50 -- and by then it was really far along). And older than when Maggie was diagnosed. I am supposed to have an MRI this time -- and they are notorious for false positives. Of course they are also better at finding stuff. I just keep thinking of what it would be like --being told you have breast cancer. The surgery -- or chemo -- or both. Just really scary. Mark promised me he would go with me this year (he was out of town last year -- I was all alone - other than Sydney) -- he was on travel. Hopkins gives you positive results right away. I think if they find something they do biopsies right there ...... but I don't really know. I'm scared.
Of course I can only focus on my tests at Hopkins so much. I actually did not start thinking about it till this week. Because I am so worried about Mark. He seemed better -- certainly in Kuwait. But he seemed really off tonight at church and at dinner. And earlier this week he was looking for infectious diseases Drs. on Mail Handlers. I didn't ask because he won't tell me. I really worry he is keeping something from me. I will deal with that after Wednesday -- I am praying all will be OK at Hopkins and then I can focus on other stuff .......

No comments: