Sunday, May 24, 2009

Continuing to train for the Komen Race

Ahhhhh -- got up at 9 AM today and went for the 5K run to Shirlington. Not as hot as yesterday so I did do a bit better. But still horribly off last year's pace (Sydney had to revive me). Mark has agreed to wear the pink shirt if I can beat his time from last year. Except that's almost impossible given the time left to train and the fact I have not managed to run without stopping a single time. But I guess I have 12 days and should give it a try! I wish I could muster the visualization I did when I shaved a bunch of time off my bike run and got Emily as a reward (which in hind site was maybe not the smartest thing to do -- I adored Emily but a Springer Spaniel, a baby and two other dogs was maybe a tad much ....). Will try to go earlier tomorrow -- it does get very hot which makes it harder. And I need to get up on weekdays because by the time I get home I'm way too tired and blow practice off.
Fund raising seems a lot harder this year -- have not even gotten to $3,000. Did manage to get Gail to sponsor me and I should be able to get Maggie -- she probably just forgot ......
Gonna go to Targets now and get a new outdoor umbrella and maybe a cushion -- the one I have looks horrible (keep forgetting to bring it in during the winter -- just as we keep forgetting to unhook the hose and end up having a mess!). We are then going to someone's house for dinner. I don't really know these people -- Mark thought I did and he asked me if I wanted to go. I thought he wanted to go and said OK. so he thought I wanted to go ...... Well end result is we are both going even though I would rather stay home and work on my paper ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's the link for sponsorship? I have a bad case of CRS....Lisa