Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Survived Mother's Day. First time since 1989 without Anthony -- he was in the oven but still there. I thought I would feel really awful. But I e-mailed Juanchi's Mom to wish her a Mother's Day and found out that in Paraguay they celebrated Mother's Day some other day -- May 15th I think. In the UK it was March. So, at the end of the day, I came to the realization that Mark is right -- Mother's Day is after all a Hallmark Holiday. I even did not melt into tears when I read the Washington Post editorial on Mother's Day as an adult after your Mother has passed away .....

Of course it is easy to have perspective when Anthony is coming home on Saturday ....... And when you have super cute Sydney :-)

I signed up for the Komen Race Saturday night (no bet with Mark this year -- he is foregoing racing because of his infection/blood pressure issues -- which really seem a lot better -- think he's just afraid I will beat him -- and I am afraid I will kill him). So I decided to go running this morning. Ouch -- I was 10 minutes slower than last year (despite Sydney's help stretching) -- had to walk a bunch. I HAVE got to get into shape!

No comments: