Saturday, May 16, 2009

Anthony is home for the summer!


Went to pick up Anthony today at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh. I cannot believe that sophomore year is over. And what a total airhead I was about the process. When we went to pick up the rental SUV at Reagan National, I forgot to look and see what company we had rented from. So had to drive back home. Turns out that my guess (Thrifty) was right ... but the lines are long sometimes and you hate to waste an hour .... only to have to wait another ... and another ..... Mark drove the SUV home. I drove my car and managed to take the wrong exit and get lost ... even though I have done this dozens if not hundreds of times.

I drove first shift this morning. To the turnpike and to the first rest area. A bit over half way. Rewarded myself with a Starbucks and Mark took over. Did not hit the usual horrid Pittsburgh construction traffic .... made it in a bit over four hours ... including pit stop. Record time. Sydney was sooooo happy to see Anthony ... always amazed at how he recognizes him. This was the longest period without seeing him .... four months. To continue with the airhead theme .... forgot the packing boxes (as well as a camera for blog and Facebook pics!). But it actually worked fine ... stuff fitted better.

Decided to go to lunch on the turnpike. And as usual had to go almost half way to find a reasonable stop. There were outdoor tables so we were able to eat and not worry about Sydney. He met a few friends ... including a brand new puppy ... six weeks and already Sydney size. English mastiff I think. Anthony was super talkative on the way home. Which was funny because I was super sleepy and had to struggle to stay awake. His last exam was Tuesday and most of his friends went home so he probably was bored stiff.

I am soooo happy to have him home .... who knows, this could be the last time he is home for summer depending on what job he gets next summer. It just feels like he never left. And he was able to fix the Netbook .... which was not connecting to wireless after we connected it to a LAN line in Kuwait ...... I guess the pricey education pays off.

Mark is all wound up about Anthony having a job ... but honestly he will have his whole life to work and he works really hard -- I cannot believe how intense his program is. I'm so proud of him -- he surely is turning out to be a great human being.

Gonna go see the new Star Trek flick tomorrow. After an early mani (I am sooooo sleepy( and church (did not get back in time for Saturday). And I have a big job to complete. But I am soooooo happy that it doesn't really stress me :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how it went. Driving out and back in one day? UCKO ICK!