Tuesday, September 30, 2008

En route to Libreville

Which is the Capital of Gabon. So far no problems -- met up with Akos and most of our tour group easily. He had us check in and now we are past security. Our Air France flight is on time and we got seats together. Of course I got put on the looser seat -- but I can climb over Mark easily enough if I have to .......

Most everyone we talked to (I think 5 of the 9 folks on our group) had met Akos on an Antarctica trip. Two ladies have been with him to Africa and seem to love him. Seems as if there are 11 of us -- including Akos and Jessica the tour leaders. Akos has a cable I can use to I should be able to upload photos -- now just have to hope the laptop works.

Could not sleep at all last night. Sprayed my pillow with "calming spray" half a dozen times. Accidentally sprayed Mark, which was not so calming. Tried yoga poses. Climbing over Mark. Talking to Mark (who was sleep). Staring at him. Having a snack. Eventually got up at 5:45 AM and made it to the airport shortly after 7. Flight at 11:10 -- so quite a wait. I bet I will fall asleep the whole way and go through the same cycle tonight. Tomorrow we start at 6:30 AM and do our first forest hike -- I'm a bit scared about that -- everyone else seems like the outdoorsy type. I think I am more the "Sex in the City" type I think -- though I am still coveting my first pair of Manolos :-)

Speaking of clothes, this morning I asked Mark if all his jeans were "disposable". He brought 3 -- and just realized that he has no pants to wear home. He's decided that he will wear his jogging pants so he can leave all the jeans behind ..... There seems to be an art to "disposable" clothes that I am just learning. I guess one should wear the disposables first so they don't have as far to travel. My disposables are really quite nice -- they are mostly too big and I have to come to terms that I will not be growing into them ....... C'est le vie.

This may be my last entry for a while if Internet does not work in Africa ......

No comments: