Friday, September 5, 2008

Where did the week go?


Wow -- can't believe it is Friday. Anthony has been back at school for two weeks now. He sure has not been very communicative -- I wish I knew what he was up to but I guess it is good he is becoming his own person. I hope he is working hard.
The week flew by I think as we were having our annual program review (amazingly a lot like childbirth -- very painful leading up to it -- but you forget the pain once it is over -- which works well as I will have to do it over again next year!). I had to do a lot of catch up work every night. And last night (Thu) had to go to a reception with Mark hosted by some of his German colleagues. Yummy petit fors. I'm just not that into cocktail parties -- the heels were killers :-( Had extra yummy guava empanadas after the review (a new tradition - 2x). Then walked to Guapo's tonight with Mark & Sydney -- a Mexican Restaurant in Shirlington. Have eaten way too much -- afraid to get on the scale. And we are getting Tropical Storm Hanna so I may not be able to go running (outside) tomorrow. Have gotten up to 99 lbs -- ouch -- from my goal of 95 lbs. Really have to gain control again. Anyhow I love Shirlington -- we can take Sydney if we sit outside. Best Buns -- the bakery -- sells dog biscuits. And everyone seems to have water dishes. Sydney is always a hit (we went for coffee at Best Buns on Labor Day and had the same reaction). People stop and pet him and he just loves it. He is such a sweet guy -- I don't see how I can spend 3 weeks in Africa away from him. But I really want to go on this trip -- after going to so many places really have to try hard to feel like I've left home. I always get this sense that everywhere I go looks like Cincinnati -- mostly because of the Malls. Antarctica, Galapagos, Safaris ... those are my fave places as they do seem like another world.
Getting highlights tomorrow -- and a mani -- and a "free" facial at Origins. I guess spending half the day at the Spa is indulgent but c'est le vie. Everything balances in the end.

No comments: