Thursday, July 9, 2009

It has been some time

My goodness .... cannot believe that it has been over a month since I posted in my blog. I guess Facebook is satisfying my need for exhibitionism!

Let's see ... completed the Komen race. I think I ended up as #9 or #10 in top fund raisers. Mark walked with Houieda. Went to the Bark Ball that night ... the pics are elsewhere.

Anthony got his job back at the FAA. Mark went to Vienna and Istanbul. Maggie came to visit. Had a great time. Pics are elsewhere as well. Anthony was quite communicative with her so got to find out lots of stuff.

I worked my butt off preparing for the ICAO/CAEP Steering Group in Salvador, Brazil. Got to be the U.S. rep. Survived. Managed to get most of our top priorities through. Forgot to get some good pics (it WAS busy!). Was told(by UNFCCC) the U.S. now seemed like Scandinavia and Europe like old Bush Administration. Mega lol.

July came around. I made it a year without buying any clothes and shoes. So I went on a big shopping spree. I was sorta expecting to get some $ for the time I spent "Acting". Didn't happen. I don't think the FAA has the rewards mentality USAF did. Heck just about anytime I write up an award the person wins. I certainly get paid enough ... Mark just doesn't let me have it. I guess goodbye pink Netbook and red Jimmy Choos. Oh and I have to write my own letter to get some time off for all the time I had to give up during vacation. Of course there is no time to do it ......

Went to Renee's for 4th of July Pool party. The monthly visitor got in the way. And no one else had a suit. And it was too cold.

Going to New Orleans over the w-e. Mark found out I was paying $250 to take Sydney so that fell through. Probably would have been a disaster in any case -- if they decided he was too big.

Well -- that's it for catch up. Seems as if I can get here from my work laptop again so catching up should be easier!

No comments: