Saturday, November 8, 2008

Survived the Week!

Wow -- cannot believe how fast the week went by. What a week it was ... such a historic election. Awful economic news. And I made it through my first week of my temp job on "the 10th floor" -- the FAA's equivalent of the Pentagon's "E-ring" I guess -- though I suspect a lot less exciting.

Eventually made up my mind and voted. Just had to go at 6 AM. Tool an hour and a half. Mark went at 5 PM. Took 1 minute. I do not like Obama's stand on abortion. But I did not like McCain's stand on everything else. It is hard not to get caught up in the symbolism and excitement of an Obama win. I better than most know the power of a visual role model. For me the mental barriers of what I could and could not do were removed upon meeting Janet F. in 1999. Obama's win will have an impact on people that is impossible to measure. All of those kids of different blends and colors knowing nothing is impossible. I do hope he can fix the economy. At least it bodes well that he has Warren Buffet as an advisor ......

The week on the 10th floor went by in a blur. There is a tension being in a new place ... and in a temporary office. I feel like I have to pick up every crumb ... my temp boss is in the other office. She moved to the Assistant Administrator's Office ... which is palatial. Her office that I am sitting in is also very nice .... but I miss my office and all its "pinkness". And I miss my boss Carl ... I keep going downstairs to talk to him. Learned lots of new things ... which is always exciting. And it is temporary .... I get to have a parking space (albeit in a commercial building because our parking garage is under renovation). That helps with the longer hours.

Today was Michael Anthony's christening. In the Orthodox church. A beautiful ceremony. Can't believe how much he changed while we were in Africa. I'm going to pick him up tomorrow and take him out for a while ... give H. a break :-)

Mark is going to India .... first on ... then off ... then the invite and visa issues got solved at the last sec. Knew they would. It will be hard to have him away and I worry about him ALL THE TIME :-( But Thanksgiving and Cam and Anthony are almost here :-).....

No comments: