Sunday, November 2, 2008

Visiting Anthony

Just got home from visiting Anthony in Pittsburgh. Maggie and I got to the hotel around 1 or do on Saturday. Marking good time but as usual 376 was under construction and I was detoured. Took a while as the signs were awful and the GPS did not help as it kept trying to get me back to 376. But eventually I got there. Maggie just got off at the wrong exit :-). I think her drive is a tad less ....

Sydney was sooooo glad to see Anthony. And Anthony was glad to see Sydney. I think he just tolerated me and Maggie. But he showed Sydney off to his friends (he snuck him into Fairfax Apartments :-)). We were there about 24 hours -- but it was well worth it as Anthony is much more communicative "live". He seems to be doing well ... and his "gang of nerds" friends seem to be a great influence. I think he is doing well and seems to enjoy school. His half grown beard is a shocker ... he thinks it makes him look less young :-). I guess I remember the days when I wanted to look older ... ha, time takes care of that.

We took Anthony to Subways for a late lunch, to St. Paul's Cathedral for mass (he has gone quite lax), and then to Melting Pot for dinner. A good venue for talking! He stayed the night with us (we were at Residence Inn -- it is such a nice place -- great dog run -- the hotel caters to folks who are in Pittsburgh having medical treatments I think -- so the staff is so nice -- then again everyone outside DC seems nice!). I think Anthony likes spending the night with baby Sydney -- they just play and play.


This morning we benefited from time change -- and gained an hour. Anthony slept through breakfast (me and Maggie had it as it was free). Dropped him off back at his apartment -- said he was gonna do homework ...... Poor Sydney got so sad. We took him over to the Oakland shops a bit (he is allowed to go into most of the stores -- he is a big hit at Coach -- and they loved him at Victoria's Secret). Got Starbuck's -- then took Maggie back to her car. Sydney cried -- he does not do good-byes well. He is more a hello sort of pup.

Drive home was uneventful -- not so nice how early it gets dark -- guess better get used to it for a few months :-( Have to get some blood work done at the Drs. tomorrow ... then my first day in my temp job. Getting more and more apprehensive. Going to the Who concert at the end of the day ... so at least have something to look forward to. And then election day .... yikes .... I think I have about decided .. courtesy of the Bishop of Pittsburgh ....

No comments: