Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to "Normal"

Whatever "normal" is. Put away most of the Christmas decorations, except for the nativity set. Has to stay up till 6 January. Oh and the Christmas cards sleigh. I still have to read a lot of the letters ....

Mark left today for a business trip. Sydney knew something was up 'cause he jumped on his lap this morning (and Sydney never goes on the blue chair if there is a person there unless there is a cookie involved). Poor Sydney was happy to go in the car -- but then he cried when we dropped Mark off. Glad Anthony is home to keep us company! Sydney is sooo super cute. I cannot stop taking his picture!

I continue to worry and worry about Mark. I must have sent him a dozen messages after I checked the United website, which said his plane had landed. Eventually got a short message. Then I heard from JP Clarke that Mark did not recognize him. How does a person not recognize a humongous Jamaican Professor! Oh yeah and he did not recognize Michelle Kirby who he met in September. Maybe he's just being forgetful. I worry so much about him. I am sure he finds it annoying but I cannot help it. I just cannot imagine functioning without him ... I wish he would understand that.

When Sydney and I came back from the airport (via Whole Foods for bubble bath) saw Lynn and Bailey outside. Anthony was also just coming back from a haircut. So we stood outside and talked for a while. I gave Bailey his Christmas gift (a bone -- which despite being quite large he chewed all up!). Then Carter and his Mom showed up so we had 3 Cavs (well -- almost as Carter is a Cavashon). Carter's parents went to South Africa. Bummer -- Carter stayed with his grandparents -- wish I could have watched him :-( He is too cute.

Tomorrow is back to work .... and Anthony leaves in a week. I am soooo sad -- it was so nice to all be together over Christmas.

No comments: