Tuesday, February 24, 2009

En route to San Francisco

On the plane en route to San Francisco. Was on the 4:45 PM flight. Gorgeous sunny (though cold) day. Nonetheless when we got to the airport (was riding with Raquel - our Noise Division manager) the flight was cancelled because of "air traffic control". The 5:30 PM flight was still on -- since we had used the crew line and could not go to the counter, went to a random gate agent. We were already re booked on the 5:30 - albeit with lousy seats. Seemed to us that they probably had two flights - but only enough people to fill one - so they combined. As we were at the gate early - Raquel and I were able to get the agent to give us better seats.

Of course "better" was bulk head. And my laptop is tightly packed. Managed to rescue my purse to buy food. Watched "Secret Life of Bees". Pretty good.

Spoke to Mark. Funny he was at Reagan Airport and I was at Dulles. He did make his Drs appointments - at least the neurologist and the regular physician. I'm apprehensive at what they may find - but better that he is treated. I don't know why I can't replace with "happy thought". Maggie's mantra from Dr Bonnie - everything is OK till someone tells you it is not. Versus how I seem to function - everything is not OK till someone tells you otherwise.

I have got to chill. This morning I was driving in front of Mark. Apparently I went through a yellow light but did not notice. When I got on the highway I glanced back and did not see him so I panicked. Had to call him when I got to work. Arghhhh

Now I am nervous about Sydney. Just need to know Lynn has him. And I'm sure I will be a bundle of nerves about the hand off to Todd and Heather on Wednesday morning. Then Mark's pickup Friday morning. Maggie says I should find a Spa and chill on Saturday. Maybe I will do that.

Was nice being back in my old office. On Friday one of our Admin staff found some pink chairs and "rescued" them for my conference table. My carpet is pink as well. And I have a bright pink mini fridge. I think my boss will need to call Elle Woods if he ever needs to replace me. LOL. Now if I could only have a pink desk chair and a pink Blackberry. Just got a new Blackberry so no hope of that. Got a new laptop as well. It is too big - but at least I don't have to wait half an hour to boot up and I'm not getting the dreaded blue screen.

We are on descent. I miss Sydney so much. Actually thought about bringing him. Worried that at the last minute the airline would make me check him. I'm sure he would die of fright. I hope I survive the week ...... Can't wait to go home. Of course I will have to get Mark to tell me the Drs results. He kinda has to because my friend Gen is on his case. I hope my outlook improves throughout the week. I think when Mark and Sydney are safely home Friday it will.

No comments: