Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday in Palm Springs

Interesting day. I decided to have a down day. So I set the alarm for 8 AM to go to the gym -- then I was gonna go to Starbucks -- then the Spa.

The people in the room next door woke me up at 5:30 AM with their screaming. So I read "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" (funny the movie seems to combine bits of the first two books). Then I decide to call Mark -- who doesn't answer. A few calls later I am in a panic. Call H our neighbor -- talk a bit and she tells me his car (and the paper) are in the driveway. She does offer to go check -- and calls me back to say he is alive --- just sleepy.

I do make it to Starbucks -- and barely on time to the Spa.On the way to and from Starbucks see lots of fancy dogs so I really miss Sydney. The Spa was awesome -- had a scrub, a desert stone massage and a mani. Used the Swedish shower.

Had lunch and read my book by the pool. Then the relaxation wore off and back to the room to call Mark. No answer.

I set off for church. Run into someone I know so we went together. Back for dinner -- meet up with a couple of people.

Not the best restaurant. And I am in a panic. Send off a few e-mails to track Mark.
Get back to the room at 8:15 PM. Call Mark and he DOES answer. Because he was half asleep. He tells me he will never answer the phone (or e-mail) again because I have too many people tracking him. Which will only lead to more tracking. Why can't he just answer the phone?
My desert stone massage relaxation is all gone!

Finished reading "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan". Also brought "Shopaholic Ties the Knot". I have to preside over a workshop for 2 hrs - 10-12 tomorrow. Then fly to San Francisco at 5 -- and I think I have like a 10 PM flight back to DC. Fly all night and then have to go to work. Hope I survive ...... Getting my Sunday Z2 done now -- will do Monday's back in Virginia Monday night . I miss Mark -- will just see him Monday and he goes to Ohio Tuesday :-( Hope he does not come back too late on Thursday .....

No comments: