Monday, February 16, 2009

If I Didn't Have to Work


I was just thinking about tomorrow -- and all the work I didn't do. And needing to get briefings ready for CA. And having made no arrangements for trip to Italy and France and being in trouble .... and on and on and on.
So I was looking at dog pictures on zootoo and how relaxed they looked. And I asked myself -- what if I DIDN'T have to work?

First thing is I would quit my job -- if I didn't need the $ I would not do it. This is sad as it takes 60-80 hrs a week -- need to work on that.
I would find some meaningful volunteer jobs teaching
I would take yoga daily
I would sleep in late everyday
I would walk Sydney for 1 mile twice a day
I would have 4 Cavaliers (Sydney plus 3 others -- one each color)
I would snuggle with Mark to watch a movie every day
I would live someplace like the Outer Banks
I would wear nothing but flip flops -- EVER
I would not read anything technical EVER again.
I would visit Maggie, Lisa, Bev, Becky and Beth all the time -- and the only Washington "friends" I would still see are Houeida, Lynn and Renee -- EVER
I would be able to get Mark to go to the Dr when he has symptoms and he would stop telling me "I am dead" or "I am dying"

Me thinks I have issues with "Authentic Happiness"

I will think about it in the morning

No comments: