Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF


I am soooo glad today is over. I had a terrible time getting out of bed this morning. Once I did I realized a telecon I thought was NEXT week had been moved to today. I had agreed to this when I was sitting on the beach -- but neglected to update my calendar. So I skipped washing my hair (my boss insisted you could not tell the difference but I think he was being nice) and rushed to work so could call my "co-chair" and plan the agenda.
No sooner had I made it through the telecon that I get this e-mail where some on-line publication has totally misinterpreted some work we had done and said that there is no hope of reducing GHG emissions for aviation by using renewable fuels. This is totally untrue -- but of course no one reads the retraction. So I had to run around like a chicken with my head cut off and get the people that actually did the work agree to go deal with it. And of course notify everyone that will freak.

The afternoon was not as bad -- just lots of meetings. I ended up with lots of work for the w-e. But my temp assignment is coming to an end -- only to go into another temp assignment as Office Director -- since my usual boss is going upstairs to act for a few months ...... I was really late getting home but Sydney seemed OK. He was a trooper and did all duties. Now we are waiting for Mark to get home from Dallas. He e-mailed and said he was on an earlier flight -- but I do not know which ...... I guess we will be surprised.

No comments: