Monday, August 25, 2008

Crabby Monday


Crabby does not even begin to describe today. Can't quite put my finger on it. My Drs. appointment was at 10:30 so getting ready in the AM was fairly civilized -- got to sleep a bit extra with the cuddly Cavs. No problems getting to the Drs. office -- appointment smooth; everything OK. Some follow-up screenings -- but not immediately -- just natural caution I guess. So many possible screenings -- you could probably be screened 365 days a year. Started reading e-mails in the parking lot, then the waiting room, the examining room. Anxiety did not mix well with various demands -- everything an "emergency"; refusals to do this or that -- as if work is somehow optional. The CI (crabbiness index) grew and grew -- worse as I came across more and more missed deadlines, endless questions about simple stuff .... More demands. By the time I left was in quite a state. Picked my car up at the Metro -- after getting free samples at Origins -- free anything always has a calming effect. But on the drive home some idiot ran into the back end of my car -- the jolt made me think I had taken my foot off the clutch. Made him pull over so I could yell at him -- threatened to call the cops. There really was no damage so eventually I drove away -- no doubt having terrified this man. I bet it will be a while before he "multi-tasks" while driving ...... Walked the dogs, ate dinner. Then went to church -- that is a Monday ritual that always has a soothing effect. The cool interior of St Rita's -- the Monday night crowd -- there because we want to not because we have to -- always makes everything better. Prayed for my neighbor -- not sure how she is. Don't want to add to burden -- but also don't want to be a spectator -- feeling helpless and useless amongst all the medical "professionals". And her decisions/approaches so incomprehensible to me. I think the best I can do is pray .... And get some work done -- I think the crabbiness is caused by the sheer volume of the undone tasks ...... As Scarlett would say -- tomorrow is another day :-)

No comments: