Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Weekend .....

Wow -- cannot believe Anthony has been at school for a whole week. He is not nearly as communicative as last year -- I do wish I knew how he was doing and how classes are going. But, adapting for me has been a lot easier than last year. This picture -- on 18 August -- me, Anthony and our friend Vicki outside FAA (Vicki's hubby Dan took the photo and took us to lunch) -- seems like forever ago.
My neighbor is back home after a couple of hospital visits -- hopefully all fixed up. Her brother is here helping her -- I continue to offer to help but not sure she needs my help ..... As long as she's OK, I'm happy :-) I'm not that handy with household tasks in any case so my help is probably only good if you are desperate!
Have gotten a lot of annoying work tasks completed this weekend. Briefings, reports, etc. Hope to get a bit more done .....
I cannot believe another big hurricane (Gustav) is headed for New Orleans. Mark's parents live further away now -- but still close enough that I'm sure they will have some issues. Hopefully no marauding criminals stealing TVs and cars! And now that the Olympics are over we have elections nonstop -- getting too boring too early.
Well I think I"ll have a snack and go to bed ... past midnight.

No comments: