Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Monday (August 11th)


Was really busy today and yet did nothing. Work was super busy - had to tape a video which was kinda odd. Got a facial on Saturday so I would "look good" but then stayed up watching the Olympics. Not a good plan. I guess it won't be seen anywhere except the environmental exhibit in the cafeteria at work (and no one in their right mind outside FAA goes there) next week so that's OK. Wish I was Sydney ....... he ALWAYS looks good :-) My boss agreed if anyone made fun of me I could telecommute the next week. He says I have to prove they were laughing at the video though.


Mark is in Dayton and gets to go to Hawaii next week. I guess I could have gone with him but only 12 days until Anthony goes back to school :-( ..... so I would rather stay home. I am not as weepy as last year but it is amazingly hard. I just cannot seem to get the yogic "be in the present" right. To Anthony 12 days is too far away to think about and he cannot understand why I am upset.


Speaking of Mark, I still cannot believe he beat me at the Komen Race. It is like the athletes at the Olympics that get beat by the opponent who NEVER beats them anywhere else. This was me in Santiago early in the morning. At the Hostal Alfonso (http://santiago-de-compostela.costasur.com/sites/alfonso/en/compostela.costasur.com/sites/alfonso/en/). By the way no one should pay more than 60 Euros for a room in Spain. The Hostales were super clean (a lot cleaner than our house) and much more fun than a big hotel. Always stayed right in the city center (except in Pamplona where it was unaffordable during San Fermines). Anyhow most every morning in Spain I went jogging (in Santiago at the park Alameda) and ran 5K. By contrast, this is Mark. Not quite as cheerful. At about midday - barely up in time for breakfast. Needless to say he did not run a single day. I know I will win next year! Gonna go watch the Olympics now.

No comments: