Saturday, August 9, 2008

Vacation in Spain




Was in Spain July 3-11. Went to Leon and Santiago - before going to Pamplona. Got to visit relatives in La Estrada and my former nanny Amelia, whom I had not seen since 1969. Had been at my grandfather's village in La Estrada in 1970 -- only recognizable thing was the old church. House was really updated - just saw it from the outside. My cousin Ana looked so much like my Mom I became "despistada" and neglected to take any photos. I did manage to get Mark to have his picture taken by "Las Does En Punto" - the statue of the crazy women in Santiago who went around .... well you can see the photo :-)

Mark has agreed to do the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage http://www.mundicamino.com/ Hopefully while we can still walk! As I've done 3 Alonzo Stagg 50/20 hikes (50 miles in under 20 hrs) - a Mom's record for Anthony's Scout Troop -- should be doable ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing comments for Bev

Dick said...

Dick testing