Monday, August 11, 2008

Reading with Burros


By the way Mark took this picture of me and a burro reading the same book at the Libreria Couceiro (Couceiro being my Abuelo's last name so it was "meant to be"). Funny I never really think of the Quintanas as my Grandparents -- to me the Couceiros, Taboadas, Lopezs and Novelas are my family -- even those I never met or don't remember -- they are "real" in the way I find characters in books much more real than so called "real" people. Because I always heard so many stories about them and fantasy beats real life any day :-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh... what did I not know... too much, LR - LOTS of stuff... but be aware that I will too soon forget most of it [perhaps for the second time?] anyway.
I would have expected "Mere Christianity" to be on your faves list - I just started reading it again - Dave says you should probably read it at least every 10 years. I'm a bit late :OP