Monday, March 2, 2009

Made it Home! And a surprise awaits!


Got to the airport at 4:30 AM. Had to get up at 3 AM -- ouch. I did not get on the 6:11 I was on standby for. I am sorry to say that the thought that I had two $100 bills on me (per the recommendation of Randy Pausch in "The Last Lecture" -- advice to be prepared). Maybe I could bribe the gate agent to give me one of the seats. Then I reminded myself "this is NOT Africa or Illinois. And FAA official tries to bribe airline for seat after weather creates chaos does not sound like a good headline!
I got on my flight to Kansas City -- despite being freaked by the tight connection. But it turned to be the same plane. Got home at 3 PM -- home by 4:30 (PM). Really just 9 hours later than planned. Snow is not so bad ....I was so glad to see Sydney ... and he was glad to see me. He had trouble using the bathroom due to the snow ....

I was feeling kinda blue a few days ago (still am a bit -- just not as bad). So Miss Nibbles -- Maggie's bunny -- sent me these cute PJs (they have bunnies!!!!). Sydney likes them as well! (I think). LOL maybe I should be depressed more often so I can get cool stuff!

No comments: