Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mass at St Anthony's

Made it to Padova -- after a short flight and a bunch of time at the airport waiting for the other person in our minivan. It was someone I knew and I kept pointing him out to the driver -- but both were air heads and it took a long time.

Took a short nap then walked into the city to see St Anthony's Cathedral once more (we were here in 1995 -- the year I first saw Rome). Arrived at 6 PM (made a few wrong turns and 20 mins turned into an hour) so stayed for mass. Left a candle (you can't light them -- you leave them -- probably to be resold to the street vendors). Visited the tomb. Left a note in the book about my Anthony and the connection to St. Anthony. Pitch black when I came out and all the taxis were gone. I didn't think I could find my way in the dark so I tried calling the number in the taxi stand -- no luck. Then I spotted taxis turning down a side street so I moved over and got one. Just 10 Euro to get back -- worth the price of not getting mugged, I think. Saw sooooo many dogs getting walked -- wish Sydney was here. And Anthony -- I almost cried during mass as the previous time I was here Anthony was 5 and there were a few small boys with their mommies :-( I miss both my babies .....
Anthony is in Florida for spring break. Miami and then a friend's house in the Keys. He actually sent me a text message to tell me he ate at Versailles -- my fave Miami Restaurant. And Mark spoke to me on the phone while I was eating a quick dinner (they were out of everything BUT lasagna) at the hotel -- so I am feeling good :-). Hope I sleep OK. Probably should not have had a 2 hour "short" nap .......

No comments: